Addy Grace

Addy Grace

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Sleeping Beauty


Addy has been sick for a while now. Low grade fever, not sleeping or eating, and just not quite herself these days. It has been going on for almost 5 weeks now and I have taken her to the doctor once a week for the last 5 weeks. I have been worried...really worried. I guess that is what happens when you are a mom, you worry a lot. And, for those of you who know me already know that I am a worry wart. I sometimes wish I wasn't like that but I am so I have come to except it. Anyway, I took Addison to the doctor last Friday and it was horrible. They tried to do a catheter on her...it was the worst thing ever to watch and it broke my heart to see her go through that. They couldn't get it in so they attached a bag and told me to come back. They were wanting to check for a UTI just to make sure that wasn't what was causing her fever. They said if that was negative then they would do a blood count. At this point I lost it. I was so upset. It is really hard to watch people do things to your baby. Luckily, when I got home Eric's grandma had arrived and I was so super happy to see her. She went back to the doctor with me and they checked the sample and it was negative. So, they said they would send it in and call me Monday to let me know the results and also to see how Addy did over the weekend.

She did ok over the weekend but still had a fever and a low grade temp, still not eating great or sleeping. When they checked in with me Monday I told them that so they decided to order some blood work but also put her on an antibiotic (FINALLY). I was so sad that she would have to get blood work done and just felt sad. I didn't want her to go through this. So, I picked her up from the sitters and off to the doctor we went to get her blood drawn. When they draw blood from a baby they do it the same way they do for an adult. I got to hold her and I loved that they let me. They prepped her and got to work. Addy did awesome!!! A few tears but honestly she cries way more during her shots. I was so proud of her...she was so brave. I love her so much for that. She must have known that mommy needed her to be brave. Now we just wait for the results and I pray that everything will come back good.

Anyway, she had a long day yesterday because we had to wake her from her nap and she didn't get a second one. By bath time she was exhausted and after wards Eric brought her down to watch barney just to wind down. Well, she passed out cold on him. It was adorable...I loved seeing my two loves like that. Addy is really busy and Eric and I couldn't believe that she just passed out like that. It was super cute. We love you Addison...you are so amazing and such a strong little girl. Thank you for being so brave. Here are a few pictures of Addy passed out.







Update: Addison's blood work came back normal. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment