Addy Grace

Addy Grace

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Addy;s Birth Story



Addy's first bath!

Addy getting weighed


Addy and Grandma Corey



Addy and Papa Corey




Daddy loving his girl!





Mommy loving on Addy!






In labor and looking rough...







Right after we checked into the hospital.
On Oct. 5 we got to the hospital at 7:30 and checked in. Of course there was tons of paper work we needed to fill out befor we could get into our room. By the time we got into our room it was after 8pm. I changed my clothes and they took my blood and got the IV started. At 9:40 they gave me my first dose of Cytotec. I was not having any pain at all at this point. The nurses wanted to give me ambien to help me sleep but I refused to take it...I was way too excited to want to sleep but the next day I really wish I would have ha ha. The nurse came back in at 1:40 and gave me the second dose of cytotec. About 30 minutes later my contractions were pretty strong and painful. They were about 8 minutes apart. Around 7:40 Dr. Shin came in and checked me I was beginning to dialate and 80%thinned out. As soon as she was done checking me my water broke...the contractions were so painful after my water broke. My goal was to not get an epidural but that did not happen. The nurse started pitocin to help speed things up. I decided to get the epidural around 10:30...I think I could have kissed the Dr. when he gave me it!!! After that I could not feel a thing, it was awesome.
Eric was awesome throughout everything...he is always so relaxed and supportive. I don't know what I would have done without him. We both tried to get some sleep while we waited since there was nothing wlse to do. My parents got to the hospital around 11 am and it was nice to have them here with us. My mom was going crazy in the gift shop...ha ha!! I got some great gifts...thank you mom!
I was so anxious this day because the nurse said that I would have a baby early afternoon but that was not the case. Throughout the say I was making steady progress so they stopped the pitocin and then around 6:30 ish I stopped dialating at 8cm. I ended up getting a fever and so they had to give me antibiotics and they started pitocin again. When I got to 9cm the nurse had me start pushing just to try and get things going. I pushed for about an hour. My Dr. got to the hospital at 8pm and I continued to push for almost an hour. It seemed like when Dr. Shin arrived everything happened so fast. At 8:58pm on Oct 6th Addison Grace Eparvier came into this world. She was 6lbs 10 oz and 18.5 inches long.
Addy you looked just like daddy when you came out! We were completely in love with you...words can never explain how we felt. We just stared at you and could not believe that you were finally here with us. We promise to love you and give you the best life ever!!







No comments:

Post a Comment